•The consultation with Dr. Prescott lasts approximately 45 minutes and cost $124. •Treatment options and cost can be discussed at that time.
Why can’t we give you a quote on the phone?
Suppose you have a broken ankle and you want to call to find out how much it costs to fix it.
Which method will be the right choice to fix the broken ankle?
On the phone, the doctor cannot tell which treatment method will be the right choice for the patient until examined in the office.
A treatment plan is needed to determine cost and thus the pricing guidelines below:
- How many will the doctor need?
- $25-170 depending on amount needed
- Simple extraction vs. surgical extraction
- How many roots does that tooth have 1, 2 or 3.
- If fractured, is the root fractured as well?
- $66-325 per tooth (plus anesthesia cost)
Root canal (to save a tooth)
- How many roots does that tooth have 1, 2 or 3 (one root canal or three).
- $467-1110 per tooth (plus anesthesia cost)
- $326-500 per tooth depending on the size of the tooth (the bigger the dog, the bigger the tooth, the more metal needed to make the crown- factors into cost) (plus anesthesia cost)
Feline Stomatitis treatment full mouth extractions
- Are all 32 teeth present or some removed prior (which ones, how many)?
- Are there broken off roots left from prior tooth removal?
- Is a feeding tube going to be needed?
- $1100-2586 (plus anesthesia cost)
Orthodontic malocclusions (teeth not in the correct place)
- Too individual to give guidelines. Patients need to be seen in person to have the 3-D perspective by the doctor make a treatment plan.
Anesthesia costs charged per minute partially include:
- Patient monitoring under anesthesia includes cost for each of these:
Pulse oximeter (oxygen in the blood) Apnea monitor (breathing)
- IV fluids, antibiotics, pain prevention medications, narcotics
- Medications such as sedative, local block (medication cost is dependent on patient health, which medications are needed, square mass of body, lean body mass)
- Cash, personal check (with drivers license), Mastercard, and Visa.
- We do NOT accept Care Credit, Discover or American Express.
"Thank you for working with us to develop a special treatment plan for Mandie and for educating us on home care. Thanks for your expertise and professionalism." Jill E.
Ohio Veterinary Dental Service
Serving Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, and Western Pennsylvania